This year we challenge you to get creative and step outside your "safe" and well-known color combos. Get that bright wallpaper, that moody one, the minimal black & white – the one you always wanted but were doubting, and enjoy the energy of changes! Let's explore the world of 2023 color trends by Benjamine Moore, Pantone, and Sherwin Williams through three mood boards, each dedicated to one of the 2023 colors – vibrant Raspberry Blush, warm & earthy Redend Point, and energetic Viva Magenta.
1. RASPBERRY BLUSHThis modern maximalist-themed living room interior mood board embodies the bold & vibrant mood of Benjamin Moore’s 2023 color of the year – Raspberry Blush. “A vivacious shade of coral tinged with pink, Raspberry Blush enlivens the senses with an electric optimism. This unapologetic shade of red-orange had us thinking: bold, bolder, boldest. Never a backdrop, Raspberry Blush is the definition of charismatic color. This unapologetic shade of red-orange had us thinking: bold, bolder, boldest. This sentiment flows through the rest of the palette as we immerse ourselves in hues that make a statement. Inspired by an artist’s desire to communicate through color, shape, and sound,” the brand describes their new color palette.
Modern maximalism goes well with the bold mood of 2023 colors because it’s all about layers of texture, print, the joy of color, art & decor objects. In this living room interior, we combine maximalist color choices with minimalist shapes to give it a modern feel rather than vintage or antique vibes – a mood that maximalist interiors are often associated.
We combine Blush Floral Design Wallpaper with the checkered dark blue rug, Marimekko’s olive green striped cushion cover by iconic Finnish designer Maija Isola, and a rustic, zebra-like patterned champagne bucket. Because of their different scales and proportions, these patterns won’t clash and will look great together. The Blush Floral Design Wallpaper with its Raspberry Blush pattern and a slightly lighter background – using different hues of the same shades makes the wallpaper look elegant and very harmonious.
Dark blue sofa, blush pink armchair, metallic coffee table, and lighting objects are all minimal & ascetic in their shape but playful all together in color & material vise. It allows us to create a modern maximalist interior – simple in form but rich in colors & materials. Add different materials & shapes decor objects to complete the theme – linen and velvet throw pillows, sculptural vases, and don’t forget – each coffee table deserves a beautiful art book. If this mood board speaks to you, don’t forget to shop the list below!
Shop the look:
1. Blush Floral Removable Wallpaper | Livette's Wallpaper
2. Aalto Vase | Finnish Design Shop
3. Semi Pendant | Finnish Design Shop
4. Yves Klein Book | TASCHEN
5. Mohair Pillow Cover | Crate&Barrel
6. Dot Soft Cushion | Finnish Design Shop
7. Kalasääski Cushion Cover | Finnish Design Shop
8. Le bambole Sofa | B&B Italia
9. Magny Stoneware Vase | Brooste Copenhagen
10. Tray Coffee Table | HAY
11. Slant Lamp | HAY
12 .Terracota Champagne Bucket | Henry Holland Studio
13. Henny Cotton Rug | Brooste Copenhagen
14. Nakki Armchair | Finnish Design Shop
2. REDEND POINTOpposite Raspberry Blush by Benjamin Moore and energetic Viva Magenta by Pantone, Sherwin Williams Redend Point is warm, calming and subtle. “In this soft and soulful neutral, we know what it is to feel cared for, to appreciate what we have, to create deeper connections as we move through the world. Redend Point is a nourishing and intriguing hue, an inviting neutral inspired by the deep care we feel for our communities, our connections, and our crafts. It is subtle, warm, and restorative, suitable in commercial or residential spaces where mind and soul can relax and be refreshed,” Sherwin Williams introduces its 2023 color of the year.
Redend Point is a soft, warm, and earthy brown. Because it is versatile and neutral, the shade pairs with almost any color scheme – from brighter colors to other neutrals – its beauty lies in simplicity. And this retro-neutral living room mood board celebrates that – the beauty of calm and nature hues.
Neutral spaces filled with light earthy tones and warm browns embody a feeling of tranquility to add personality and set the theme for this mood board – we chose our Neutral Geometric Wallpaper and created this brown peel and stick wallpaper design. Retro-inspired patterns are still trending this season, and the combination of Redend Point & Off white with the geometric pattern looks abstract and eye-catching but not overpowering.
From wallpaper pattern to a large rounded wooden coffee table, soft velvet pouf, sculptural and round lighting objects, and vases, this living room interior is gentle, not only in color but also shape – round and flowing forms remind us of nature. Light sofa in a linen color is simple & minimal jet inviting and comfortable. Complete this look with abstract pattern throw pillows in earthy colors.
With this mood board and neutrals color combo, we’ve created a little oasis of calm and relaxation – an inviting space to read a good book or journal and regenerate for a new day. If you feel this interior mood is right for you, shop the list below! However, if you are looking for more neutral colored designs, dark brown accent wall wallpaper designs or taupe peel and stick wallpaper designs, head over to our Neutral Wallpaper collection.
Shop the look:
1. Neutral Geometric Removable Wallpaper | Livette's Wallpaper
2. Mobil 70 Pendant | Finnish Design Shop
3. Samira Table Lamp | nolan interior
4. Adalena Throw Pillow | CB2
5. Transition Turkish Silk Throw Pillow | CB2
6. Menu Offset Sofa | TATTAHOME
7. IO Large Coffe Table | DShop
8. Vera Bubble Vase | Anthropologie
9. Ark Journal | Finnish Design Shop
10. The Interior Design Handbook | Walmart
11. Ruched Velvet Pouf | CB2
3. VIVA MAGENTA
The most simple way to make an all neutral home pop is by adding layers and this can be achieved by color, pattern or texture, and shape. Because of this reason we have selected the biggest furniture pieces in very versatile colors, such as Mink for the sofa and Camel for the accent chair. We also believe that the Calacatta marble coffee table counts as a neutral, because of it's classic and elegant pattern. Additionally, all of these pieces are very versatile and could be styled in many different ways for a fresh look whenever a new trend comes along that speaks your love language!
As for us, the Viva Magenta and complimentary red and pink shades are incorporated throughout the easily changeable pieces, one of which is a removable wallpaper in Paintbrush Maze Design which is our Wallpaper Pattern Of 2023 - yet another trend that works well in this space. And since the style of this red accent wall living room mood board is eclectic, to elevate the space we've purposefully chosen decor pieces that might be collected over time or travelled home as a memorabilia from a vacation, such as Palm Beach book and Red & Pink Leaf Plate by Leatitita Rouget, possibly from the time spent in Paris. If any of these pieces caught your attention, make sure to shop the list below!
Shop the look:
1. Paintbrush Maze Wallpaper In Viva Magenta | Livette's Wallpaper
2. Bold & Pink Flamingo Poster | Livette's Wallpaper
3. Red & Pink Leaf Plate | Laetitia Rouget
4. Galway Sconce | Anthropologie
5. Perimeter Grey Sofa In Faux Mohair Mink | CB2
6. Plinth Table Calacatta Viola | Finnish Design Shop
7. Flatwoven Dana Jute Rug | Finnish Design Shop
8. Epic Coffee Table In Earthy Red Steel | Finnish Design Shop
9. Asha Speckled Cement Knotted Taper Candle Holder | CB2
10. Palm Beach Book | Finnish Design Shop
11. Muir Camel Velvet Swivel Chair | CB2
12. Morgan Flutes | Anthropologie
13. Glossy Twist Taper Candle | Anthropologie
14. Glass Vases | H&M Home
We hope these mood boards inspired you for your upcoming 2024 interior projects! A color is a powerful tool – and we encourage you not to be afraid to use brighter colors in your projects this year! Fun fact - you can customize most of our wallpaper designs to your desired color to fit your interior & mood. And don’t forget to check our blog post about “2023 color of the year” for even more inspiration! We wish you a year full of beautiful interior projects!