Hello, One Room Challenge week 4! This week I am finally assembling all the furniture for my boho chic home office, and I wanted to share with you my favourite one - this beautiful document storage cabinet. IKEA Ivar hack is definitely luxe for less and can be adjusted to fit any interior. Read more for all things necessary for this DIY and of course the final look!
As the colors of the home office are neutrals, greys & gold, I have decided to paint the Ivar cabinet in a dark grey shade similar to Benjamin Moore's Stormy Sky. The IKEA Ivar cabinet is made of wood and has a very beautiful texture, which I have tried to catch in the photo above. Because of this I painted it only once, to make sure the texture is still visible as it creates a wonderful background for the Zara marble knobs.
To elevate this simple furniture piece to the next level I have installed a custom piece of Self Adhesive Peony wallpaper and popped it up on these gorgeous Pretty Pegs Otto legs! Originally they were in a light wood color, but they have a nice smooth texture and it is very easy to paint them in any desired color so it would fit any interior style. You can see the beautiful final result in the image below!
To recreate this IKEA Ivar hack you will need:
1. IKEA Ivar Cabinet | 70$
2. Pretty Pegs Otto legs | 86$
3. Zara Marble door knobs | 11$
4. Matte grey paint color | Price varies depending on choice of the brand
5. Self adhesive wallpaper in size 30.3" x 29.5" (77 x 75 cm) | Price varies depending on choice of the brand
- make sure to use velour paint roller, it is SO easy to work with to get a beautiful smooth finish!
- doors of the cabinet doesn't close up to each other, but it surely doesn't spoil the final look.
- Pretty Pegs can be mounted to any furniture piece, not just IKEA items, so make sure to check them out!
One Room Challenge 2018, Fall Edition